When you begin to meditate using crystals, you will discover that they can help to direct your mind into the right state of awareness. It is not as hard as you may think to get started with using crystals in your spiritual or meditation practice. Using crystals helps you focus on meditation because you can connect with it visually as well as mindfully.
There are many different types of crystals, and they each have a particular value. They come in many shapes and sizes, so finding a stone that suits you will not be difficult. However, before you meditate using crystals, you should understand the basics. There are some excellent tips for starting, and these will help you become a more adept meditator.
Tip # 1
Familiarize yourself with the names of the stones. Knowing the names of a few essential stones and their properties will help you get used to them as you use them in meditation. Each crystal holds specific characteristics that can increase your focus, creativity, and manifesting abilities.
Here are some examples below:
- If your focus in meditation is to enhance your spirituality or intuition, you could use amethyst.
- If you wish to increase self-care and forgiveness, use rose quartz.
- If you want to bring clarity to your situation or healing, use white quartz.
Tip # 2
It is vital to get comfortable before your meditation using crystals. Being in a quiet room with minimal distractions helps you ensure that you are not affected by the outside noise. Make sure you have a cushion in case the floor is uncomfortable to help you relax in meditation. You also may want to play background music to soothe your mind and help you focus on your meditation. You can do some guided meditation if you like.
Meditate Using Your Crystal
- To begin using crystals for meditation, take the crystal you chose and lay it on your lap or mat. Sit in a comfortable position and close your eyes. With your feet firmly on the floor, close your eyes and concentrate on laying the crystal on your body.
- When you feel ready, start to visualize the crystal in different places throughout your body. Imagine a source of energy flowing through your body from the crystal to a point in your body. In this way, you will become familiar with the energy that comes from the crystals connected with your body and will be able to tune into it when you want to.
- As you begin to do this, you will find that it becomes easier to meditate. As you become more proficient in meditating, you will feel a great sense of peace throughout your body. Be careful, though, that you do not forget to make time for the visualizations to connect you with your crystal in meditation. Be patient, and make sure that you are relaxed before you begin.
If you find it hard to visualize the crystal on different parts of your body while meditating, open your eyes, and place the stone on your body. Look at the stone in various places on your body. When you are entirely comfortable, begin to relax your body, close your eyes, and focus on the stone.
As you become more accustomed to visualization, you may find that you have a clear picture of the object of your focus. You can start to use the stone to amplify your meditation. You can visualize it in connection with your intention, and this will help you to receive its energy to manifest your intention.